NewsTap is an Usenet Newsreader. The App runs on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- It's easy and simple to subscribe, manage and read news groups.
- Supports multiple servers at the same time.
- Articles can be saved as favorites.
- The application fully supports the portrait and landscape mode.
- Support for binary groups so photos and pictures can be displayed as well. It's possible to add photos into the photo album.
- Quotes are displayed in different colors.
- Hyperlinks can be opened in the web browser Safari and of course in iCab Mobile as well.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original layout is also available.
- Navigate articles via thread tree or by flicking with one finger.
- Articles that are already read and quotes can be hidden to save space on the small display.
- Filters ("Killfile") can be used to automatically mark articles with a color label or to mark them as read.
- Threads can be grouped into folders.
- Build-in help, which explains all the application features.
- Syncing the the read status ("newsrc" file) with other Usenet clients via SFTP, WebDAV and Dropbox supported.
There's also a free "Lite" version of NewsTap available in the AppStore. This allows you to test the App before buying it. The Lite version has some limitations: you can only subscribe to two news groups at the same time, there's no sync feature available and the App shows some ads.