NewsTap 4 - Usenet Newsreader
NewsTap is an Usenet Newsreader for the iPhone and the iPod Touch.
You can download NewsTap from the Apple AppStore.
There's also a free "Lite" version of NewsTap available in the AppStore. This allowes you to test the App before buying it. The Lite version has some limitations: you can only subscribe to one news groups at the same time, there's no backup feature available and there are less filter settings available.
- It's easy and simple to subscribe, manage and read news groups.
- Supports multiple servers at the same time.
- Articles can be saved as favorites.
- The application fully supports the portrait and landscape mode.
- Limited support for binary groups so photos and pictures can be displayed as well. It's possible to add photoes into the photo album.
- Quotes are displayed in different colors.
- Hyperlinks can be opened in the web browser Safari and of course in iCab Mobile as well.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original layout is also available.
- Navigate articles via thread tree or by flicking with one finger.
- Articles that are already read and quotes can be hidden to save space on the small display.
- Filters ("Killfile") can be used to automatically mark articles with a color label or to mark them as read.
- Threads can be grouped into folders.
- Build-in help, which explains all the application features.
- Backup feature, which can be used to save and restore preferences and subscriptions. This feature can also be used to import export "newsrc" files so you can synchronize NewsTap with other Newsreader applications on your Mac.